Our reusable shopping bags are made from a material called RPET (recycled plastic).
How do reusable bags help our environment?
1. The average reusable bag has a lifespan of over 700 plastic bags and the average person uses between 350-500 plastic bags a year. One person alone can save over 22,000 plastic bags in their lifetime by using a reusable bag.
2. Americans use over 100 billion plastic bags each year. Over 500 billion are used worldwide and of that amount about 4 billion plastic bags become litter.
What can you do to help?
1. Use a reusable shopping bag whenever possible.
2. Turn down a bag at the store if you do not need one.
3. Put more items in each bag, if possible, to reduce the amount of bags you are using.